Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm and kids party venue, Paarl
Le Bonheur croc farm operates 7 days a week, all year, except on 25 December. Map attached.
Hours of operation: 9 am till 5 pm daily.
Pizzeria: 8.30 am till 4.30 pm
Things to do on the farm
- Guided croc pond tours: NO BOOKINGS NEEDED. 11 daily tours. COST: R60 adults | R34 u18 | R0 u2
View a captive bred bask of 300 crocs, hatchlings to adults on a guided tour via ramp ways spanning 4 large dams; touch and handle a baby croc, and view crocs underwater via a viewing cabin.
7 Days – 9 to 5 ( 11 daily tours )
Feedings will be conducted from 15 Dec – 8 February at 11h00 | 14h15 | 15h45
- Snakes in transit indoor exhibit ( available from 1 December ): NO BOOKINGS NEEDED. Self-guided. COST: R45 adults | R25 u18 | R0 u2
View a selection of local snakes and snakes from around the world in a fun and informative exhibit. 7 Days – 9 to 5
- Snake shows COST: R25 adults | R15 u18 | R0 u2. An interactive show/talk about these well-adapted reptiles; animal touch farm component. Weekends at 12h10 and 15h10; from 15 Dec – 8 Feb: daily.
Combination croc pond and snake centre entry tickets: COST: R85 adults | R60 u18 | R0 u2
- Croc cage dives: BOOKINGS recommended, but not essential. 6 daily dives. COST: R375 - R750; Ages 9 and up.
A thrilling close encounter experience, facilitated by African Croc-dive. Learn more at www.africancrodive.com 7 Days – 9 to 5 ( 6 - 8 daily dives )
- Every year around Easter our croc eggs hatch, producing cute lizard-sized baby Nile crocodiles.
Because we don’t actively breed them, the few odd eggs that we take the trouble to hatch and the resulting babies are really special to us.
We feature them in the briefing room from where we launch the croc pond tours, our signature reptile encounter.
Over the Easter holidays we will celebrate the hatching of our baby crocs by offering:
Easter egg hunt adventure - Friday 30 March – Monday 2 May - R38 per child (pre-booking advisable – capped)
- Great Paarl Kids Party Venue - Le Bonheur offers parties with an animal touch farm and a child-friendly restaurant.
CATCH AND RELEASE BASS FISHING: COST: R25 – 1 HOUR | R245 – 3 HOURS | R55 - FULL DAY
- Adventure and fun fishing. Bring your own gear, or obtain a rod from us. Rent our rowboat COST: R35 p person. 7 Days – 9 to 5
Our facilities include a restaurant featuring a wood-fired pizza oven, gift shop, ample play area for children, and a waterfront garden where catch and release bass fishing may be practiced (fishing fees attached). OPEN DAILY 8.30 – 4.30
Our Self-catering accommodation features fully equipped waterfront apartments – Please inquire about our rates, or search the Waterside on Le Bonheur.
Winter 2018 Activities
For winter we are offering ‘pick your own guavas’. Grab a basket, venture into our orchard and pick your own – weight and pay afterward.
Guavas are an excellent source of Vit C!
See our write up on Le Bonheur Crocodile farm here
Details for Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm - Paarl