Attractions and Activities on the Garden Route
Attractions and Activities on the Garden Route
The beautiful Garden Route has become a very popular attraction, especially for family getaways. Here is a bucket list of activities and things to do with kids on the Garden Route. You will get to see breath-taking coastline, forests, rivers and mountains, all just waiting for you to come and explore. Along the way, you find some family-friendly restaurants, Guest Lodges, and great family adventures.
Outdoor Attractions and Activities on the Garden Route, Things To Do With Kids
1. Acrobranch on the Garden Route offers fun and adventurous activities including zip lining, obstacles, nets, bridges and more. This is not only for the kids, but the whole family can join in. Acrobranch Garden Route
2. The Garden Route is the perfect place for family mountain biking trips. There are some very beautiful locations to explore. Mountain biking with the Family
3. Why not try the safe and scenic Route 62, there are plenty of wonderful things to do and see. Family fun along Route 62
4. Pay a visit to the George Botanical Gardens.
5. Have some fun at the Kaaimans River; the area is great for canoeing and swimming.
6. When you are in the George area why not pop around the George Dam. Enjoy a family picnic in the area along with some wonderful views.
7. Experience the adventure of coasteering, a one of a kind trip geared towards families as well. Coasteering Family Adventures
8. You must visit the Tsitsikamma forest; here you will find amazing accommodation and plenty of fun family-friendly activities.
9. While you are in the forest why not stop by and enjoy a unique adventure with the Segway tours.
10. The Redberry Farm is a very popular family destination on the Garden Route. They offer plenty of fun child-friendly activities. They are also a great choice for a kids’ party venue.
11. Water World at Plettenberg Bay, what could be more fun.
12. Cheetah Land at Cango Wildlife Ranch, experience an animal encounter with one of the majestic creatures.
13. The Cango Ostrich farm offers fantastic tours where you will be able to touch and feed these amazing birds.
14. The Plettenberg Bay Puzzle Park offers unique fun and excitement for the whole family.
15. Timberlake Organic Farm Village, a small business village with plenty to do and see, and eat.
16. Garden Route Paintball is a great way to relieve stress.
17. The Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours on Garden Route, a brilliant adrenaline pumping activity.
18. How about some personalised adventures facilitated by Paradise adventures
19. There are many family-friendly Restaurants along the Garden Route. Here is one to try the next time you are in the area, Dutton's Cove Seaview Lodge and Restaurant, the restaurant offers plenty outdoor seating with spectacular views and of course an outdoor play area for the kids.
20. Another great family activity is Sand Boarding.
21. Let the kids enjoy the animal touch farm at the Hansie & Grietjie Padstal in Vleesbaai.
22. Enjoy a perfect weekend getaway with the family at the Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve
23. Eden Adventures offers fun outdoor activities like canoeing, kloofing and abseiling.
24. Offshore Adventures offers a great experience swimming with seals.
25. Another exciting destination is Radical Raptors in Plettenberg Bay, a Bird of Prey Rehabilitation and Awareness Centre.
26. Hog Hollow Horse Trails, experience the beautiful Tsitsikamma area on horseback
27. AfriCanyon River Adventures offers canyoning, abseiling and lots more adventures in The Crags.
28. Adventure Land in Plettenberg Bay is a family fun water park.
29. Valley of Ferns Picnic Site in Knysna, offers a more peaceful getaway for the whole family.
30. The Outeniqua Farmer’s and Family Market in George.
31. Point Circuit is a trail located along the Robberg Nature Reserve, but is a bit challenging so not recommended for the smaller children. It is quite fun for the older kids with rock pools and caves and abundant animal and plant life.
32. The Wolf Sanctuary between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay offers a fun-filled experience for the entire family.
33. Located in The Crags close to Plettenberg Bay is Monkey Land
34. The Elephant Sanctuary near Plettenberg Bay, here you can closely interact with these gentle giants.
35. Birds of Eden near Plettenberg Bay; another interesting family-friendly destination.
36. There are many wonderful Beaches along the Garden Route, Brenton on Sea, Santos, Wilderness Beach and lots more.
37. The Storms River Suspension Bridge in Tsitsikamma
38. The Featherbed Nature Reserve, Knysna. The Reserve is privately owned and a Natural Heritage Site.
39. Jubilee Creek Walk Picnic Site, one of the best picnic sites in the Knysna Forest.
40. Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre, offering interesting guided wildlife tours.
41. The Knysna Heads are a must see when visiting the Garden Route.
42. Knysna Scootours is one of the more fun family adventure outings
Indoor Attractions and Activities on the Garden Route, Things To Do With Kids
43. The Loerie Guest Lodge is a fantastic Child-friendly Accommodation in George.
44. The Cango Caves, I think you can consider this fun activity and indoor experience.
45. There are plenty of child-friendly and popular restaurants and deli’s on the Garden Route.
46. The Tea Garden at Over the Mountain Guest Farm offers a wonderful kids’ play area along with great food.
47. The Garden Route Wine Farm, Herald Wines, offers accommodation, a restaurant, picnics, kids’ play area and more.
48.Lawnwood Snake Sanctuary. I wasn’t sure if this is indoors or outdoors, but they do offer informative and interactive tours to all ages.
49. Bartholomeus Diaz Museum in Mossel Bay, Is not only home to the museum, but also the Post Office tree, the shell museum and aquarium, the Malay Caves and the Ethno Botanical Gardens.
50. While we are still on the subject of museums, you may also want to pop into the George Cultural History Museum or The Transnet Heritage Railway Museum.
51. Have some fun bowling at the Let’s Go Bowling at the Mount View Resort and Lifestyle Village
52. Every year there are a number of events and things happening along the Garden Route. Find out what’s on this year on the Garden Route, 2018.