Things To With Kids: Elgin Valley
The Elgin Valley is one of the Cape's best fruit growing destinations in South Africa, but there are also loads of fun child-friendly things to do. With the scenic Elgin Valley only being an hour's drive from Cape Town, it is definitely worth a weekend away with the family.
The Charles Fox Estate
The Charles Fox, Cap Classique Wine Estate is a family run business that produces some amazing wines. You can take an interesting tour of the cellars and then enjoy a very informative tasting, either inside or on the balcony where you will have stunning views of the Elgin Valley. The Estate is also family-friendly, the kids' can play on the lawn and swing set, while you sit and savour your wine.
There is so much more to do in the Elgin Valley
More wine estates with an outdoor play area
- Highlands Road Wine Estate
- Almenkerk Wine Estate
Mountain Biking & Outdoor Activities:
- Ride the shorter family-friendly trails or practice on the skills track at Paul Cluver Wines and Oak Valley Wines.
- Play putt-putt at the Child-friendly Houw Hoek Inn.
• Pick your own fruit and vegetables at Terra Madre Farm
• Zip through the valley with Cape Canopy Tours