52 Family Fun Things to Do In Cape Town
52 Family Fun Things to Do In Cape Town 2019
Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Here you have a variety of things to see and places to go, from the natural attractions like the many beaches and beautiful reserves and gardens to the bustling city. Read further to find out more about 52 family fun activities and things to do with kids in Cape Town- that is one activity for every weekend of the year!.
Your bucket list to family-friendly activities and excursions in Cape Town 2019
1. Cool Runnings, the only toboggan track in Africa. Feel the wind in your hair and the excitement as you race down the hill. This is not just fun for the kids; adults too can enjoy the activity. Cool Runnings in the Tygervalley area.
2. Bring out your own and your child’s creative side at the Clay Café child-friendly restaurant Hout Bay. You get to personalise a piece of pottery and then take it home to put on display for the rest of the family to see.
3. Enjoy an affordable day out with family and friends, rise on an ostrich back, visit the museum or let the kids have fun on the jungle gym. Visit the Cape Town Ostrich ranch.
4. Feel like a bit of miniature golf, why not try out the Mega Putt at the Tygervalley Golf Village. This is a sure family fun activity.
5. Make learning about nature and wildlife fun at Giraffe House. The kids will enjoy interactive fun with the animals and there is also a play area. The kids can also meet Gerry the Giraffe.
6. The Ice Station at GrandWest is always a great place to take the kids. When they are finished racing around the rink there are plenty of other activities to keep them busy.
7. On a beautiful day, think about taking the family to Intaka Island, located close to Canal Walk. You can experience the wonderful bird life in the area and go on guided tours and boat trips.
8. Canal Walk itself offers a variety of activities, entertainment, restaurants and things to do.
9. The Tygerberg Nature Reserve is another great outdoor destination and offers a variety of trails that the entire family can enjoy.
10. The Bloemendal and Hazendal Bike Park offers excitement and fun to those who enjoy mountain bike trails. The Parks offer a family-friendly riding experience.
11. Deer Park Café offers great food close to a park that offers a great play area with jungle gyms. There are many other family-friendly restaurants in Cape Town.
13. This is a great indoor child-friendly activity that will get the kids jumping around. Visit the Rush Trampoline Park for some great fun
14. This activity is for the older child who wants a bit of an adrenaline rush. The Kenilworth Karting can provide this along with fun and excitement.
15. The Uitsig Wine Estate is a firm favourite with many, offering great food and an impressive outdoor kid’s play area. There is also the Bike Park nearby.
16. Glowing Rooms in Millerton offers a new and unique way of looking at miniature golf. The 3D glow in the dark experience is definitely something to try out.
17. There are beautiful forests in and around Cape Town, so go and explore the amazing trees and fynbos at the Tokai Forest. You can also explore forests in Newlands and Constantia Nek.
18. Butterly World is always a fun and educational visit for the whole family.
19. The Cheetah Park in Somerset West, visit the outreach facility and experience a personal encounter with the cheetahs.
20. There is loads of fun and adventure to be had at the Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm
21. Enjoy picnics, eagle encounters and lots more at the Spier Wine Farm.
22. Let the kids meet some of the farm animals while you sit back and enjoy the delicious food on offer. Vredenheim Animal Farm is a great place to visit on your next family outing.
23. The Route 44 Market has plenty to keep both young and old busy on those Saturday mornings.
24. Let the kids enjoy some fun water rides, jump on trampolines and more at the Wiesonhof Adventure Park.
25. Delicious coffee & Decadent cakes, luxurious hand-crafted alpaca products, petting zoo & Jungle gym for the kids. All of this you can find at the Alpaca Loom Coffee Shop & Weaving Studio in Paarl.
26. Just around the corner from the Alpaca Loom Studio is the famous and family-friendly Spice Route.
27. The kids will enjoy seeing the Duck Parade at the Vergenoegd Wine Estate.
28. In season, the Polkadraai Strawberry Farm is definitely a fun place to visit, with plenty of Strawberries and a great play area.
29. The V&A Waterfront has many great kids’ activities and events happening all the time. There are also plenty of restaurants, play areas for the kids and family fun activities.
30. Visiting Table Mountain and take advantage of the Cableway Kidz season, with plenty of fun freebies
31. Take the kids and visit City Sightseeing South Africa. Children hop on and off for free with our 3-for-1 Kids’ Special.
32. There is fun to be had at the Rotary Blue train Park at Mouille Point
33. A good choice for an indoor adventure that the whole family can enjoy, pay a visit to the Two Oceans Aquarium. There are loads of fun and interesting things to do.
34. Another unique mini-golf experience at the V&A Waterfront Cave Golf.
35. Take a stroll along the Sea Point Promenade, there are many fun things to do and see.
36. Why not visit a few of the popular family-friendly beaches in the area.
37. Have an adventure on the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
38. The Kirstenbosch Gardens have beautiful open lawns, plenty of trees and indigenous plants. This is a great place to have a family picnic.
40. I have always known kids to enjoy a bit at the Scratch patch in the Waterfront.
41. The Green Point Urban Park offers some wonderful walkways, open spaces and play areas for the kids. The Park is a wonderful place to spend the day with the family.
42. Take the family and visit the Company’s gardens. The kids may get a chance to feed the squirrels that come to say hello.
44. The Science Centre provides a fun and educational time for both young and old.
45. Get the kids active with some rock climbing at City Rock
46. The Oude Molen Eco-Village farmstall and café in Pinelands offers wagon Rides and good food.
47. Ten Pin Bowling is always a fun activity; ‘Let’s Go Bowling’ in Claremont, is the place to be.
48. Boulders Beach is a great place to see the African Penguin and is one of Cape Town’s most visited beaches. The Beach is also a wheelchair friendly destination.
49. The Imhoff Farm in Kommetjie offers a family restaurant, farm animals, and camel rides.
50. Looking for fun activities and things to do, the Noordhoek Farm Village is the place to go. There are plenty of child-friendly activities and restaurants available.
51. Hout Bay also has the interesting and amazing World of Birds. The World of Birds is a wildlife sanctuary and monkey park.
52. There are plenty of family-friendly markets in Cape Town, sure to provide lots of entertainment and good food.