The Two Oceans Aquarium offers visitors the opportunity to discover the diverse marine life found off the southern African coast. Through displays ranging from the small and almost fantastical Knysna seahorses to large ragged-tooth sharks, the Aquarium holds wondrous discoveries for young and old, around every corner. Meet the animals that call the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean their home – and the brightly coloured ones that live in the warm Indian Ocean. Be mesmerized by the swaying of the giant kelp in the aptly named Kelp Forest Exhibit - one of only a handful living kelp forest displays in the world and the only one in Africa. Or come face-to-face with giant spider grabs and have an adventurous tactile experience at the Touch Pool.
I&J Ocean Exhibit – 12h00 and 14h00
Penguin Exhibit – African penguins daily at 11h30 and 14h30
Predator Exhibit – Every Sunday at 15h00
The I&J Children's Play Centre is a one-stop education-friendly, fishy-fun stop for children. They can get active with arts and crafts, or get learning with entertaining puppet shows.
Getting in touch with the ocean
It's a super sensory feast at the touch pool. Little ones can get their hands wet, pick up seaweed, watch an anemone open and close, pick up an abalone shell while being informed by our volunteers.
Splash out with an unforgettable themed birthday party at the Aquarium. Kids can celebrate with their favorite ocean characters, from SpongeBob to the Little Mermaid, and catering options are varied to suit any budget.
Aquarium sleepovers with the family
It's a cozy family affair at the Aquarium sleepovers. The Aquarium's atmosphere changes at night, and it becomes an event filled with wonder and mystery. It's something families should do at least once.
What to expect at the Two Oceans Aquarium this winter school holiday 2018
Here is what you can expect during the winter school holidays, at the Two Oceans Aquarium
- Extended hours from 9 am till 6 pm from 23 June till 16 July (The best times to visit are either early in the morning or later in the afternoon)
- There will be a special magic show for little ones on 23, 24 and 30 June and 1, 7,8,9,14 and 15 July at 10 am and 1 pm
- On June 28th, it is Museum Night at the V&A Waterfront – tickets are half-price at our ticket office from 6 pm until 8:30 pm (we close at 9 pm)
- There will be a puppet show three times daily, at the I&J Children’s Play Centre. There will also be facilities for arts and crafts, a sand pit, kids’ books and toys (plus a special exhibit viewing window)
- There will be several feeding times every day – The I&J Ocean Exhibit at 12 pm and 2 pm; the Penguin Exhibit every day at 11:30 am and 2:30 pm; and the sharks at 3 pm on Sundays.
- July we are observing Plastic Free July – We will be announcing a fantastic Ecobrick competition on our blog and social media platforms later in June. We will also hopefully be hosting a small single-use plastic alternative expo during the July portion of the school holidays. There is also going to be a special tailored Creature Feature every day at 4 pm in July, here we will talk about plastic and the sea.
- More than 200 species showcasing our country’s incredible biodiversity!
- An opportunity for families to learn, love and bond in a safe and clean environment ;-)