10+ things to do and see around Hout Bay Atlantic Seaboard
10+ things to do together with your kids in the Atlantic Seaboard
Hout Bay is one of my favourite destinations but it took some time for me to discover what this town has to offer. When I was a child my dad used to drive out to Hout Bay and just enjoy the scenic trip and the Chapman's peak pass. Later we discovered Mariner's Wharf and if you are into vinegar, fish and chips (just now and then), this is the place to go! I always felt Hout Bay does not have much to offer other than this, as we were always just passing through and there are very little signs and boards pointing you in the family entertainment direction. With our last visit, I did some research first and found 10 exciting things to do in and around Hout Bay.
- Dine at Dunes Restaurant on the beach (with kids play area)
- Eat, play and be creative with ceramics at the Clay Cafe Venue Hout Bay
- Order Take-Aways from Hout Bay Mariner's Wharf
- Go to the beach and have a picnic with Mariner's takeaways
- Stroll and shop at the Harbour Market
- Play and go green at Earthworx nursery
- Adventure lovers can visit Acrobranch Kids Party Venue
- Visit World of Birds, a wonderful bird park, the biggest in the Western Cape.
- Enjoy a Sunday roast at Pakalolo restaurant
- Take a boat trip from the harbour as we did
- Visit the Valley Family Farm Stall