Cape Town Rocks
Cape Town Rocks – a fun and creative family activity – for free!
Capetonians are painting pebbles and hiding them across the world for people to find, spreading real joy and the spirit of kindness. One of our readers, 10-year-old Nanika, wrote to us about her new favourite FREE pastime:
This is a lovely activity to do on the weekend or during holidays. It makes you become creative, go outside and have fun. When we hide rocks, don’t hide them in things. It must be quite easy to find them like for an example by the bottom of a slide. There are very good artists who also design Cape Town rocks. So, you may find a free piece of top-class art on a rock!
You don’t have to be an artist to take part in this activity.
This is how it works
- Paint or decorate a rock.
- Print the "Cape Town Rocks" labels (found under “files” on their Facebook group).
- Cut a label out and write your name on the back.
- Glue the label onto the back of the rock.
- Spray the rock with varnish.
- The last step is to go hide the rock in a public place
Don’t forget to post a picture on the Facebook group “Cape Town Rocks”. I have hidden quite a few. I hope you paint some rocks too!
“You can even take one with you on your travels and leave Cape Town Rocks somewhere exotic; somewhere far!”
Nanika spreading the magic